- 125g Root One Fusilli
- Zest and Juice of 1 lemon
- 30g Fresh Sage
- 25g Butter or Vegetable Spread
- 200g Kale
- Salt & Black Pepper
|of which sugar||3.29|
- Bring 1.5 ltrs of salted water to boil, add the Fusilli before turning the heat down to a simmer and cooking for 5-6 minutes.
- Whilst the pasta is cooking roughly chop the kale and finely dice the sage. Add the kale to a pan with half of the butter or veg spread and fry over a high heat for 2-3 minutes before adding the sage and continuing to cook for another 2 minutes until the kale is softer and beginning to wilt (be sure to check the stems of the kale in particular to make sure they are properly cooked).
- Reserve about 1/2 cup of the pasta water when you strain and rinse the pasta before adding to the pan with the kale along with the lemon zest, salt, pepper, half of the lemon juice and the rest of the butter/veg spread.
- Mix well over a high heat and taste, if needed add more lemon juice and then serve!