- 125g Root One Penne
- 100g Fine Asparagus
- 2 Red Peppers
- 1 Pack of Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 Medium Courgettes
- 1 Pack of Rocket
For the Basil Dressing:
- 50g Fresh Basil
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1 Teaspoon Honey
- Juice from 1/2 a Lemon
- 50ml Good Quality Olive Oil
You'll need a blender to make the dressing for this recipe so make sure you have access to one before you start!
- Preheat the oven to 190C (170C Fan)
- Half the tomatoes, drizzle with oil and season well before popping in the oven. They'll take about 40 minutes but keep an eye on them to make sure they don't start to burn.
- Top and tail the courgettes and then carefully slice lengthways into strips that are 3-5cm thick. Oil a griddle pan, then heat over a medium/high flame and cook till nicely charred then set to one side.
- Chop the red pepper into medium sized chunks and griddle before setting to one side.
- Chop the end of the stems from the asparagus and griddle before setting to one side.
- Add all the dressing ingredients to a blender and whizz together till smooth. Add a bit more oil if its looking too thick and then season well with salt and pepper.
- Bring a pot of 1.5 ltrs of salted water to the boil and add the penne before reducing to a simmer for 6-7 minutes.
- Strain the pasta and mix well in a bowl with the dressing and cooked vegetables. Then add the rocket and give a further good mix before serving!