- 6 Plum Tomatoes (or 12-15 Cherry Tomatoes)
- 1 Tablespoon Tomato Puree
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 15 Green and 15 Black Olives, pitted and halved
- 10ml Good Quality Olive Oil
- A Dash of Balsamic Vinegar
- 10 Fresh Basil Leaves
- 250g pack of Root One Penne
- Salt and Black Pepper
Guest Recipe by Julia Roberts - Author and Television Presenter
This quick and delicious recipe was given to me by the lovely Julia Roberts, author of 'The Liberty Sands Trilogy' and brilliant presenter on QVC. For a recipe with so few ingredients it's amazing how much flavour it has - definitely adding it to my list of go-to meals.
Find out more about Julia and follow her blog at http://www.juliarobertsauthor.com/
I used home grown tomatoes for this dish, fed with the amazing Flower Power plant food courtesy of www.richardjacksonsgarden.co.uk !
|of which sugar||3.12|
- Chop the tomatoes and finely dice or mince the garlic. Heat the oil in a pan over a medium heat before adding the garlic and frying for two minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and continue to fry until bubbling nicely.
- Tear the Basil and add to the pan along with the rest of the ingredients (apart from the pasta!).
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Bring a pot of at least 2 litres of water to the boil and add the penne, cook for 6-7 minutes before straining.
- Once the sauce has been cooking for 15 minutes, add the pasta, mix well and serve!