- 125g Root One Penne
- 1 Small Pack Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Pack Baby Spinach (about 120g)
- Zest of 1/2 a lemon
- 100g Ricotta
- 1 Garlic Clove
- Tablespoon Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
Quick, Easy & Delicious!
- Add at least 1 litre of water to a pot, salt well and put on a high heat.
- Finely dice the garlic and cut the cherry tomatoes in half.
- Once the water has reached a rolling boil, add the Root One Penne and reduce the heat to low. It'll take 6-7 minutes to cook.
- Whilst the pasta is cooking add the olive oil, garlic and tomatoes to a frying pan and place on a medium heat ( keep an eye on the garlic to make sure it doesn't burn )
- After the pan has been sizzling for 2-3 minutes add the spinach and cook till wilted.
- Strain and rinse the pasta - Make sure to reserve some of the pasta cooking water and immediately add to the frying pan with the spinach and tomatoes.
- Mix well and season with salt and pepper then add a splash of the pasta water to coat the pasta and keep mixing over the heat for 20 seconds (add more pasta water if the pasta looks dry)
- Remove from the heat and add the lemon zest, then using a tea spoon scoop out the ricotta and add to the pasta (keeping it in rough spherical shapes)
- Serve and enjoy!