- 100g Root One Fusilli or Penne
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 Red or Yellow Pepper
- 100g Green Beans
- 100g Long Stem Broccoli
- 1 Large Aubergine
- 1 Red Chilli
- 1 Garlic Clove (crushed but not peeled)
- A medium sized sprig of Thyme, leaves stripped.
- 50g flaked almonds
- Black Pepper
- Olive Oil
This is a rely versatile dish, use vegetables that are in season but for best results try for a mix of colours and I'd always recommend keeping the red onion for their sweetness.
- Pre-heat the oven to 190 C Fan (210 C gas).
- In a dry pan, toast the flaked almonds over a medium heat until browned and then put in a bowl and set to one side.
- Cut the pepper and aubergine into medium sized pieces, half the onion and then cut each half into four pieces. Top and tail the green beans and finely slice the chilli. Put them all into a large roasting tray along with the thyme and garlic, add a good glug of oil and mix well before seasoning with salt and pepper and putting in the oven. These will take 20-25 minutes and give them a mix after about 12 minutes.
- Bring a pot of water to the boil and add the broccoli, cook for 3-4 minutes and then strain and cool quickly under running water. Set to one side and add to the roasting tray for the final 10 minutes.
- Bring a pot of at least 1ltr of salted water to the boil, then add the Root One pasta and simmer for 6 minutes if fusilli or 7 minutes for penne.
- Drain and rinse the pasta and then add to the tray with the roast veg, sprinkle the almonds on and add another splash of oil before mixing well and serving.