- 250g Root One Fusilli
- 400g Chestnut Mushrooms
- 150g Kale
- 30g Pine nuts
- 20g Fresh Basil
- 25ml Good Quality Olive Oil
- Juice of 1/2 a Lemon
- Salt & Pepper
You'll need a food processor or a blender for this recipe.
|of which sugar||2.41|
- Preheat the oven to 220C (Fan 200)
- Halve the Mushrooms, mix with a bit of Oil, Salt and Pepper and place in the oven on a baking tray. Roast until nicely brown, about 25 minutes.
- Blend together the Kale, Basil and Pine Nuts to a rough paste. Then add the Lemon Juice and Olive oil and blend until smooth.
- Check on the Mushrooms
- Add more oil, or water if too thick and the blend to your desired consistency. Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Bring a pot of at least 2.5 litres of water to boil. Then add the Root One Fusilli, reduce to a simmer, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Strain the pasta, rinse and mix with the Pesto. Add the mushrooms and serve!