- 125g Root One Penne
- 120g Tenderstem Broccoli, ends trimmed
- 75g Black Kale, roughly chopped
- 125g Shiitake Mushrooms, quartered
- 8-10 Cherry Tomatoes, quartered
- 1 Garlic Clove, diced.
- Salt & Black Pepper
- Good Quality Olive Oil
I like my broccoli with a bit of bite, but if you prefer it softer than fry it for a little longer before adding the mushrooms to the pan, or even par boil it for a couple of minutes first.
|of which sugar||4.48|
- Heat the oil in a pan over a medium heat before adding the broccoli and frying for a couple of minutes. Then add the mushrooms and continue to fry for another 5 minutes or so, until the mushrooms are nicely brown and the broccoli has started to colour.
- Add the garlic and tomatoes and fry for a further 2 minutes before adding the black kale. Season well with the salt and pepper, give it a good mix and continue to fry for 3 minutes or until the kale has begun to wilt. Then take the pan off the heat and set to one side.
- Bring a pan of at least 1.5 ltrs of water to boil, then reduce to a simmer and add the Root One Penne. Cook for 6-7 minutes before straining, rinsing and adding to the pan with the vegetables.
- Mix well, the juice from the tomatoes should lightly coat the pasta, then serve!