- 125g Root One Penne
- 2 Bell Peppers
- A Handful of Cherry Tomatoes
- 150g Spinach
- 1/2 pot Sacla' Free-From Basil Pesto
- Black Pepper
- Olive Oil
Most pesto is made with parmesan which unfortunately mean that isn't vegetarian! Thankfully Sacla' make a brilliant free from pesto which is perfect because it's doesn't have any gluten or dairy so it's suitable for vegans too : ) You can get it at Sainsbury's, Waitrose or Tesco.
- Preheat a baking tray with the oven set to 210C (190C fan). Slice the peppers and halve the tomatoes.
- Add the peppers to the oven with some oil and black pepper and roast for 15-20 minutes or until starting to brown, then add the tomatoes give a good mix and put back in the oven for another 5-10 minutes.
- Bring a pot of at least 1.5 litres of water to boil. Once it's boiling rapidly add the Root One Penne and turn down the heat to a simmer, cook for 6 minutes, then strain and give a quick rinse.
- Either blanch the spinach under boiling water or stick in the baking tray with the other veg for a few minutes to wilt it. Then put the pasta in the baking tray with the veg, add the pesto, mix everything together and serve!